Buy Lantus Insulin Online
Buy Lantus Insulin From Canada – Buy Lantus Solostar Pen – Cheapest Place To Buy Lantus Insulin – Lantus Insulin For Sale.
What is Lantus
Lantus (insulin glargine) is a long-acting basal insulin used to treat diabetes mellitus. Here are some key facts about Lantus: Buy Lantus insulin online
- It is an injectable insulin produced by recombinant DNA technology and belongs to the insulin analog class of medications.
- Lantus is a clear solution that is injected subcutaneously once daily. It provides a continuous 24-hour supply of background insulin.
- It is widely used in type 1 and advanced type 2 diabetes to maintain consistent basal blood glucose control throughout the day and night.
- Lantus has no pronounced peak effect and has up to 24-hour duration of action. This makes it a true once-a-day basal insulin.
- The most common side effects are hypoglycemia, injection site reactions, itching, and rash. It is contraindicated in cases of hypoglycemic unawareness.
- A key benefit of Lantus is it reduces the frequency of nighttime hypoglycemia compared to older basal insulin products like NPH insulin.
- Lantus is available in several dosage strengths including vials, SoloStar prefilled pens, and cartridge systems for use in insulin pumps.
- Proper storage is important. Unopened Lantus should be refrigerated but not frozen. Opened Lantus can be stored at room temperature.
- Lantus dosage is individualized based on the patient’s blood glucose levels and insulin needs. It is typically injected at the same time each day.
- Lantus is not intended for treating diabetic ketoacidosis but is commonly used in hospital settings for general diabetes management.
Uses Of Lantus
Here are some of the main uses and applications for the long-acting insulin Lantus: Buy lantus insulin online
- Type 1 diabetes – Lantus is commonly used in type 1 diabetes to provide background basal insulin that covers needs between meals and overnight.
- Type 2 diabetes – In advanced type 2 diabetes, Lantus can be added to improve glycemic control when oral medications are not sufficient on their own.
- Basal insulin replacement – Lantus is primarily used to replace and mimic the body’s natural baseline insulin secretions that occur throughout the day and night.
- Nighttime glycemic control – By providing steady insulin action, Lantus helps control overnight and fasting blood glucose levels to prevent hyperglycemia.
- Reduce hypoglycemia risk – Compared to older insulins like NPH, Lantus reduces the frequency of hypoglycemia, especially during the nighttime hours.
- Insulin pump therapy – Lantus can be used in continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion pumps to provide basal insulin delivery.
- Hospital diabetes management – For inpatients with diabetes, Lantus is commonly used to manage blood glucose when normal eating is disrupted.
- Pediatric type 1 diabetes – Under physician guidance, Lantus is used for 24-hour basal insulin coverage in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Combine with mealtime insulin – Lantus is usually combined with short-acting mealtime insulin analogs like Novolog or Humalog.
- Pregnancy diabetes management – Pregnant women may be transitioned to basal insulins like Lantus for improved overnight time-in-range.
How To Use Lantus
Here are some tips for properly using Lantus insulin: Buy Lantus insulin online
- Inject subcutaneously – Lantus is injected under the skin using syringes, pens, or pumps. Common sites include the abdomen, thighs, upper arms, and buttocks.
- Once daily dosing – Lantus is intended for once daily use at the same time each day, with 24 hours between each dose. Best if injected in the evening.
- Individualized dosage – The prescribed Lantus dosage is tailored to the individual based on body weight, lifestyle, glucose levels, and doctor’s recommendations.
- Routine glucose monitoring – Those on Lantus should regularly check blood glucose levels to help determine optimal dosing and make adjustments as needed.
- Store properly – Unopened Lantus should be refrigerated but never frozen. Opened pens or vials can be kept unrefrigerated for 28 days.
- Rotate injection sites -Rotate injection sites regularly to minimize the risk of lipodystrophy and localized tissue reactions.
- Use safety needles – Use short, thin gauge safety needles to minimize injection pain and accidental needlestick injuries.
- Discard used syringes – Properly discard used syringes and needles in a sharps container to prevent reuse and needlestick accidents.
- Have rapid-acting carbohydrates – Always have fast-acting carbohydrate sources on hand to treat potential low blood sugar.
- Avoid missing doses – Take Lantus at the same time daily and avoid missed doses to prevent hyperglycemia. Extra monitoring is needed if a dose is missed.
- Watch for hypoglycemia – Be vigilant for symptoms of low blood sugar and treat promptly if hypoglycemia occurs.
Here are some of the key benefits associated with using the long-acting insulin Lantus: Buy Lantus insulin online
- 24-hour coverage – Lantus provides relatively peak-less insulin coverage for a full 24 hours, allowing once-daily dosing for convenience.
- Reduced hypoglycemia risk – Compared to older basal insulins, Lantus provides tighter overnight blood glucose control with less hypoglycemia.
- Flexible dosing time – Lantus allows flexibility in dosing time as long as it’s taken every 24 hours. This accommodates variable schedules and lifestyles.
- Lower A1C levels – Lantus has been shown to effectively lower A1c percentages in many patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Improved fasting glucose – Lantus helps normalize morning and overnight fasting blood glucose levels.
- Smoother glucose control – The 24-hour pharmacodynamic profile of Lantus results in less glucose variability and fluctuations.
- Fewer injections – The once-daily administration helps minimize the number of daily insulin shots needed to maintain glycemic targets.
- Insulin pump compatible – Lantus can be used in insulin pumps and integrated into automated delivery systems.
- Lower incidence of nocturnal hypoglycemia – The steady pharmacokinetic profile of Lantus results in significantly fewer nighttime low blood sugar episodes.
- Lower antibody formation – Being a modified insulin analog, Lantus has a lower risk of causing insulin antibodies compared to human insulin products.
- Well-tolerated – Lantus has a favorable overall safety profile with low risks of adverse effects outside of hypoglycemia.
Here are some of the main effects that occur with the use of the long-acting insulin Lantus: Buy lantus insulin online
- Lowered blood glucose – Lantus lowers blood sugar by facilitating cellular glucose uptake and utilization. Its effects help achieve glycemic control.
- Basal insulin replacement – Lantus provides a steady level of background insulin throughout the day and night to replace the body’s basal secretion.
- Appetite preservation – Unlike some diabetes medications, Lantus does not typically decrease appetite or cause weight loss on its own.
- Delayed gastric emptying – Lantus can mildly slow down the rate at which food empties from the stomach after eating.
- Hypoglycemia risk – Like all insulins, Lantus can cause blood sugar to drop too low if the dosage is too high, resulting in hypoglycemia.
- Allergic reactions – Localized skin reactions or generalized allergies can occur but are uncommon with the use of Lantus insulin.
- Lipodystrophy – Injected insulin that is frequently reused in the same spot can cause tissue changes and localized lipodystrophy.
- Mitigated hyperglycemia – Lantus prevents high blood sugar during periods when no meals are eaten, such as overnight or between meals.
- Weight gain – Improved glycemic control with Lantus may lead to some increased weight gain, especially when paired with sulfonylureas.
- Duration of action – Lantus starts working within 1-2 hours, peaks with no pronounced spike at 3-4 hours, and lasts up to 24 hours.
- Improved energy – Steadier glucose control and reduced hyperglycemia can increase available energy and reduce fatigue.
To know more watch the video below